They key to longevity lies at the cellular of the human body. The fountain of youth is tied to cellular health. Let's look at why...
The aging process begins in each cell of the human body. There are two noteworthy causes of cellular breakdown. They are:
- Shortening telomeres. Telomeres reside at the end of each chromosome. They protect it from deterioration, or fusion with other nearby chromosomes. Temomeres shorten as we age. This is considered a main reason why cells weaken and the aging process occurs.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction. This is another major factor in aging. NAD+ plays a major role in maintaining proper mitochondrial communication. When NAD+ levels are low, communication is hampered and mitochondrial dysfunction may result. Mitochondrial dysfunction is a major contributor to aging and the onset of many diseases.
When telomeres get too short, they struggle to reproduce. This results in cellular degeneration and deteriorating health. Some cells, such as hair, immune system, and skin, reproduce more frequent and are extremely susceptible to telomere deterioration. It's no wonder that gray hair and wrinkled skin are associated with the aging process.
Furthermore, NAD+/niacin deficiencies have been linked to telomere erosion, as well as:
- The development of cancer
- Chromosomal breakage
- Impaired cell cycle arrest and apoptosis
- Single and double strand breakage
- Delayed DNA excision repair
Studies reveal that genomic health is bolstered through proper niacin intake. Niagen®, or nicotinamide riboside, is a natural form of niacin, or vitamin B3. In the body, nicotinamide riboside is converted into NAD+. NAD+ is a cellular essential, playing an extremely vital role in proper cell health and function.
Cellular Health and Ceragen
Per Vitam's Ceragen contains 250mgs of Niagen®, or nicotinamide riboside, in addition to Cera-Q.
Ceragen is designed to not only promote longevity on the cellular level, but also promote cognitive function, improve athletic performance, and boost your metabolism. Consider it a complete fountain of youth formula.
In addition to its performance and mental-boosting capabilities, Ceragen works to promote telomere health and normal mitochondrial communication. This is the very essence of youthfulness, and something each of us needs regardless of age. We are all aging.
Regardless of goals - physique transformation or weight loss, athletic performance, mental clarity and focus, metabolic improvement - cellular health is critical. Brain cells. Nerve cells. Muscle cells. Bone cells. Each of these benefits from the scientifically proven potency of Niagen®.
- "Telomeres and Aging - Telomere Shortening - T.A. Sciences®." T.A. Sciences®, www.tasciences.com/telomeres-and-cellular-aging/....
- "Niagen - The Ultimate Guide to Benefits, Research & Dosing - Tiger Fitness." Tiger Fitness Bodybuilding and Workout Supplements and Articles, content.tigerfitness.com/niagen-guide-benefits-research/.
- "The Ravages Of Old Age Could Have Been Averted Sixty Years Ago? HISTORY OF NICOTINAMIDE AND AGING | ResveratrolNews.com." Resveratrol Supplements, News, Benefits, Reviews and Dosages, www.resveratrolnews.com/history-of-nicotinamide-a...